Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

I've had pressure in the back of my head and my head shakes.

Customer Question

I've had pressure in the back of my head and my head shakes. What could be causing this?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: The head pressure for about 3 weeks. The shaking occurred about a week ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. Im pretty healthy and take few medications. In 46 years old.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 2 months ago.

I understand your concern.

do you by any chance know what your blood pressure is with these episodes? this is the most concerning thing to me, since patients typically get these symptoms with spikes of blood pressure -- unfortunately this can be tough to catch and diagnose since your blood pressure can be normal at most times. In these cases, I recommend ambulatory blood pressure monitoring which can be ordered by your physician.

The shaking is not as easy to explain and may be unrelated to the head pressure. The other concerning thing regarding head pressure is aneurysms (abnormally weak blood vessels) in the brain that can rupture and cause death. I would be most concerned about this if you have a family history of it OR if the pressure can be described as the "worst" that you have experienced in your life. This can be ruled out with CT of the head.

I hope I have been helpful to you.

Kindest regards.

Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 1 month ago.

If you're satisfied, please rate the experience and accept the answer so that I can be credited with helping you today.
I will still be available to chat and clarify things even after you have accepted the answer.
Kindest Regards, *****