Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Have a 1.5 by 1.9 cm Meningioma near my right temple. I am

Customer Question

Have a 1.5 by 1.9 cm Meningioma near my right temple. I am experiencing extreme pressure and pain in that area as well as numbness in my cheek. Hurts to blink my right eye. Blurred vision in my right eye, double vision when I look left. This morning I woke up to pain and weakness in my right arm. I have been told my Meningioma is too small to have any symptoms yet I do. How big does a rumor have to get to have it removed?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 20 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you are having symptoms of your tumor. There is no specific size for removal. Since you have neurologic symptoms, consideration of treatment is what is needed. If surgery is not being considered, then radiation therapy could shrink the tumor. Discuss this possibility with your doctor and request a second opinion for surgery. You should not have to suffer with your symptoms.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 19 days ago.

Were you able to speak with your doctor regarding a second surgical opinion or radiation therapy to shrink the tumor?