Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD

I am a female 26 years and I have swelling in lymph glands

Customer Question

I am a female 26 years and I have swelling in lymph glands in cervical zone on one side of the neck. I have fever of 101 degree every night from past 4 days. I had augmenton for 10 days and it gave some relief in pain and some reduction in swelling.i am worried.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 15 days ago.

If you have had some relief with Augmentin, then the lymph node swelling and fever is likely to be due to a bacterial infection in the neck or throat. teeth infection can also cause this type of swelling.

If you have finished the Augmentin course and the swelling has not gone down, you may need stronger antibiotics .

I doubt that this is anything more serious than a bacterial infection.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.