Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I am looking for a neurologist that can prescribe Nilotinib

Customer Question

I am looking for a neurologist that can prescribe Nilotinib for my Parkinson's Disease. I have a referel from my family doctor and a New York State Senator who will be in contact for the use of this drug for compassionate use. Thank I look forward to hearings from you as soon as possible.
Regina ********
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 18 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

What have you tried so far and how has it all failed?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Have tried all the "gold standard" medicines. Makes him very sick, they just put him back on
ment. We learned that, given in small doses nilotinib , movement and mental function improved. This drug is FDA approved and is used in treating leukemia patients. This drug could become the first treatment to interrupt a process that kills brain cells in Parkinson's and other neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's
I need a dr. to prescribe it for my brother, who is loosing power of speech, and very weak. He was first diagnosed in 2009.
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 16 days ago.

There are online places that can help. Here is some information on where you can go to get your medications:

The only way to accomplishing this goal that I know of is to use a telemedicine service. By using this type of service, you will get a phone call from a doctor who has a license in the state in which you legally reside.

There are certain medications that cannot be prescribed via telemedicine. The most obvious are narcotics and psychotropics. The best sites that I know of to provide the possibility of obtaining prescriptions without a doctors’ visit is :

I wish I could help you but it is illegal for me, personally, to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.

If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.

It this doesn't work for you the the next best thing you can do is go to a large Teaching Hospital that has experience dealing with Members of Congress to obtain drugs that are not indicted for specific uses and that published research has shown to have inconclusive treatment benefits.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS