Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I'm 28. Was drinking last night. On vacation in la. Tingling

Customer Question

I'm 28. Was drinking last night. On vacation in la. Tingling in right arm started about 5 min after I woke up. I moved to change position and my feet started to tingle a lot and was going up my legs. I stood up in panic and my feet got better but arm is still tingling. I tried laying down in bed again and noticed my feet were starting to tingle again.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

being in bed and sleeping can cause you to temporary cutting off circulation to your arms and legs

and this can cause your arms and legs to fall asleep which can cause tingling.

usually this gets better when you get up and get your circulation going.

are you still having tingling?

have you drank more water today to prevent dehydration?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My whole right arm is still tingling. It was weird because I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and was fine then it started about 5 min after I returned to bed. I wasn't sleeping on my arm when I started feeling the tingling but changed positions anyway to see if it would go away. That's when both my feet started tingling extremely fast and going up my legs. Walked around feet got better but arm has been like this for hours now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Right hand is twitching as well
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I don't now why what I wrote before isn't showing so I will start rewriting now

I see.

you could have a pinched nerve in your neck causing tingling in your right arm.

you may have slept poorly on your neck which can pinch nerves or tense muscles in your neck can pinch nerves.

this can cause twitching of nerves

you can see a doctor at the ER or see your primary care doctor

they may recommend physical therapy or heat therapy on your neck and shoulder and see if that helps