Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have feeling of being light headed as if i am drunk. i

Customer Question

i have feeling of being light headed as if i am drunk. i feel at times pressure on left side of head especially towards front side. and at time i get my eyes a little red and pressure on top of nose between eyes. . i feel as if i am not 100 % aware or conscious. when i hear carefully i have continuous mild beep sound on my left earit. it is happening for over one year.. i did ct scan for any possible formation and it came out ok. i did xray for sinus and it came out ok too.. i did blood tests last year and they were ok too. with elevated cholestrol.. please guide me
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you still have continuous mild beep sound on your left ear ?

Have you checked your blood pressure?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have checked my blood pressure multiple times it is ok. i still can listen to beep sound.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having being light headed as if you are drunk,pressure on left side of head & listening to a continuous mild beep sound on your left ear can be due to various causes.It is possible that you may indeed have fluid in your ear (in the middle ear space deep to the eardrum). Alternatively, it is also possible that you may have some fluid in your external ear (ear canal).

Problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of light headed/dizziness. It is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear.The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.

When fluid volume or pressure in one inner ear changes, information about balance is altered.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in light headed.

As you had a CT scan,X-ray for sinus & blood tests (with elevated cholesterol),you now need following tests to find out the exact cause:

You need the following tests:

-Electronystagmography (ENG)
-Videonystagmography (VNG),
-A test called- Dix-Hallpike manoeuvre
-ABR or auditory brain response,

Most probably & most likely your ear problem is the root cause of all your symptoms.So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your ENT doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh