Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have JME epilepsy, and im taking lamictal and keppra and I

Customer Question

Hi, I have JME epilepsy, and im taking lamictal and keppra and I do see a neurologist, and i have horrible headaches to the point that i cant get out of bed and i also feel very dizzy at moments and im also having horrible memory loss, and i was wondering if you could explain what i should do about memory loss.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily, and yea ill be nauseous at times but not daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also have moments when ill fall to the ground and when i jerk its always the right side and i have those very often i also have absence seizures often and sometimes they'll last hours
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. The headaches may be migraine and not related to your epilepsy. Also one of the side effects of Lamictal is headache, memory impairment and dizziness. Keppra side effect is also headache. Discuss this with your Neurologist to determine if your dose needs to be adjusted.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Have you contacted your Neurologist to discuss your medication dosage?