Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

Dizziness and hand tremors are the only symptoms I have, but

Customer Question

Dizziness and hand tremors are the only symptoms I have, but the hand tremors seem to be increasing
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Other than those symptoms I would say I'm in generally good health
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None that I can think of
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask what is your age and gender? Do you have any ear problems like hearing, discharge or pain? Any headaches or nausea? Any numbness or weakness in limbs? Do you tend to fall to one side when walking or standing upright with your eyes closed?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

Dizziness and hand tremors can be indicative of a number of disorders and it would be very hard to determine which one of these you could have on the basis of just these two symptoms. However commonly these can be related to brain or the ear mostly. Now the first thing which comes to mind is that you could have a minor problem in the brain like a minor stroke especially if the symptoms appeared suddenly. this could be affecting the cerebellum in the brain which controls the balance as well as causes tremors. Now this would be diagnosed on a clinical examination as well as a MRI of the brain. Even a problem in the basal ganglia in the brain can lead to tremors. There are other conditions which can be determined with the same clinical examination.

Another cause can be related to the inner ear which could be infected in a condition known as labrynthitis. This would be diagnosed again on a clinical examination and treated with antibiotics. Lastly this can be associated with metabolic conditions like low blood glucose or even hyperthyroidism in which you could experience severe tremors which can be accompanied by sweating, palpitations, hair loss, weight loss, increased appetite among many other symptoms.

In short these symptoms DO need to be evaluated in detail by visiting your doctor, tremors by themselves can be something benign or something serious and ONLY a clinical examination would be able to determine the exact cause and given that the tremors are worsening, i would strongly suggest that you see your doctor ASAP.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/