Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My dr said I have severe, severe nerve damage. what kind of

Customer Question

my dr said I have severe, severe nerve damage. what kind of injection was he talking about giving me
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: i have just learned that sjogrens can cause nerve damage in back. my legs feel too heavy to lift. i get tired quickly. my dr said he didn't want to give me an injection of some kind. what could it be
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have sjogrens and connective tissue disease.s there something that will give me a little energy and relieve the pain
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

He was probably thinking about an injection into the lower back

Does this sound correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my doctor told me today that my biopsy showed severe, severe nerve damage. probablyfrom my sjogrens. is this a disease that progressively gets worse? he wanted to start me on lyrica. so today i filled the prescription. he said he didn't want to start giving me injections yet. what kind of injections would he be talking.about? my balance. is worse and only getting worse. my legs feel so weak afterjust walking around in the house. they did,a biopsy on my right leg to determine what kind and how bad thenerve damage is. do you agree with his treatment plan. he started me on 50 lyrica today .

I'm sorry you are suffering so bad. You seem very knowledgeable on this topic though.

1)Sjogrens does progressively get worse. I'm sorry. :(

2)cortisone injections

Yes, I agree with the plan. However, I think lyrica is more likely to help that injections. Try the injections as a last resort

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.

If you have more questions just reply :)