Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have a congested nose and battle to breath properly. It

Customer Question

I have a congested nose and battle to breath properly. It worsens at night and I can not sleep. I used ilia don spray ,sinu max spray, and Nadine z, all with out any improvement.what do you suggest I do to open my nose.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have this congested nose?

Any tests done so far?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Plus minus 7 weeks. No test done. Carel
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back

The sinuses and nose become congested and can become infected, a condition called sinusitis.It usually occurs after a cold due to bacteria and viruses infecting the lining of the sinuses.This results in congestion & blockage of nose that causes difficulty in breathing.

Following will help you greatly:

-Afrin is a brand of nasal spray used to ease nasal congestion that is available over-the-counter.The generic name for this medication is Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.

-Neti pot will help you greatly .It is done for nasal irrigation & to clear away crusting in the nasal passages.

-Take decongestant like pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, which reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes in the nose. Dont use them more then 5 days.
-Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day will provide dramatic relief.

All these are available as as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly to decongest your nose and have proper breath so that you can have a sound sleep at night.

If still after this,the symptoms of nasal congestion persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antibiotics & decongestant medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your nasal congestion now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh