Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

Had an attack of Shingles at the end of August this year.

Customer Question

Had an attack of Shingles at the end of August this year. Received a medication for the rush from my GP and the rush went within an expected period of one week. However the nerve pain is still there, one month after the outbreak of shingles, and it does not look as it will go away that soon. Received some stronger pain killers from my GP, such as Targin 10/5, but this does not seem to do all that much. Can sleep at night due to pain, can not move much due to pain. Pain is mainly in the upper left leg and my lower back. What can I do instead just staying at home and suffer and wait for this pain to go away, if it ever will? I has affected my life tremendously.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 26 days ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 26 days ago.

Have you been given or tried any nerve pain medication like pregabalin (lyrica)?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No, I haven't as yet. Should I request it?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I would prefer not to switch to a live phone call at this stage. I agree the communication would be easier but as I am a pensioner I would like to keep these costs to a minimum. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 23 days ago.

I think that you should be on a nerve pain medication like lyrica which would most likely help with your symptoms of nerve pain.

I am sorry for the late response as I was away.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards