Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I suffer from Daily Migraine Headaches, Epilepsy, Insomnia,

Customer Question

I suffer from Daily Migraine Headaches, Epilepsy, Insomnia, Vertigo, Motion sickness, and Nerve damage in my spine from a drunk driver hitting me in 1994. For over 15 years I have been on the same medications - 60mg of Morphine 3x a day and Pecocet ES 3x a day, along with 9 other medications. My neurologist moved to New York and told me he would find someone to take care of me. I believed him. He sent me to a "pain management" specialist who wanted to stick electrodes in my spine! The first thing he told me was "I don't perscribe these medications!" I checked with my insurance company and even if I wanted electrodes put in my spine they will not pay for it. I am now four days away from running out of my medication. Is there someone out there who can help me?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

I am sorry you have been battling these issues for so long.

we are online doctors here to answer medical questions. we don't prescribe medications here.

I'm sorry your neurologist left.

that is unfortunate that that pain mangement doctor would not be willing to take you on. that pain management doctor could prescribe those medications, but some choose not to and only want to do procedures to make money.

you need another neurologist or another primary care doctor who can oversee your health and guide you to other doctors in the area who could help you.

do you have a primary care doctor at this point?