khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

Have several things going on. In June of this year I had a

Customer Question

Have several things going on. In June of this year I had a cluster migraine. I had to be sedated for four days to get the migraine under control. Since then I have been in sever pain with my jaw. They thought I may have grinded my teeth and caused my TMJ to act up. so we have been treating this with no avail. I had a CT scan showing I had moderate TMJ/TMD so they were sure we were on the right track. Anyway. I still could not chew or open my mouth without massive pain. I final got new x-ray's that showed the Jaw dislocated. My doctor said it looked like I had been in a car wreck. Now I can't get a doctor to put it back in. I have a full mouth of implants bc I have sjogrens and my teeth had to go. Now I have fever I don't know if this is related to all this or not. My question is. Could the fever be from all the pain I am in which is flaring up my autoimmune issues. (lupus/ RA/Sjogrens) 2nd any suggestions on the jaw should I go to an oral surgeon and have it put back in place The pain from all this has caused my blood pressure which I am on meds for to run 165/95 pretty consist. I am over dealing with this. Also my face is bright red it stays that way like a sunburn this just started 2 days ago with or without fever but feels hot to the touch on the cheeks. thanks for any help in advance.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 29 days ago.

You could have giant cell arteritis. You should have CRP and ESR in the blood checked. If so, you should have oral corticosteroid and have a biopsy of the temporal artery.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have my blood work done a lot so I will check that. I am gaining weight instead of losing which is another strange thing since I am not eating. My daughter thinks its because I eat potatoes and soft things like pasta ? guess that is possible. I was reading the symptoms and its funny I just had an orthopedic inject my wrist because of arthritis. Thanks for the assistance. I will look into it.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
do you think I am on the right track on the jaw displacement? I know it is dislocated xray's showed it. If after more then 4 months and it hasn't went back in place it needs to be put back in place right especially with implants and bite issues?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
You should be able to ask another question after you give your thoughts. Its what you do at a regular doctors office I would expect to do that online as well. I understand people would go on and on but as long as it is on the same topic I would think you would reply
Expert:  khagihara replied 28 days ago.

Can you attach your photos here? Did you have thyroid function in the blood checked? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? How much do you gain weight? Over the what period of the time did you gain weight? Any other medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Is your stress increased at home or work just before your symptoms started?