Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Is there treatment for lewbody demtia How is it diagnosed.

Customer Question

Is there treatment for lewbody demtia How is it diagnosed. My boyfriend is 78 physically healthy except he has long periods where he can not walk is confused. except for his good days he is completely incontinent. has sever depression and anxiety. spends days moaning and groaning about how sick he is but can not really say whats wrong. he will one day be happy and walking only with a cane and then other days can not even standup. people think I am crazy because when he goes to dr or has a visiter he will act like he is doing great. the next day he will go back to being bedbound. he tells me he just tries really hard to put on a good show but then he exhausted. somedays he is withit knows the date ect and other days can not say what day it is or where he is.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 29 days ago.

Let me refer you to a good overall resource for Lewy Body dementia ..

There is not a single treatment for drug for this condition but there is potential help to look at and benefit many aspects of this disease

See reference below ;

It may be that a combination of treatments may benefit aspects of the neurological impairment with this disease

Typical medication for Alzheimer's may benefit cognitive impairment such as Aricept / Namenda

Certain meds may help if he has slow stiff movement ( Parkinson's medicines )

Antidepressant medications may help

Other methods to maintain his interactions with others and daily activity may be of benefit

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD