dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

I'm not certain what type of doctor I should consult. I went

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I'm not certain what type of doctor I should consult. I went to my GP and to a Chiropractor. I have a sharp pain in my right hip and groin area and it hurts to stand up from a chair. I had the chiropractor adjust my back, but the hip pain has returned with a vengeance!
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I changed to a new pair of flat shoes and sat in a different chair at a different desk at work. These slight changes seem to have set the pain off.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I fell over 7 years ago and suffered a fractured ankle. I now have titanium in my right ankle and that leg is still weak and turns out now. The calf muscle is smaller and I've gained a lot of weight.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

As you have hip pain with groin pain , possibility of hip joint issues are more likely followed by spine issue .

At this stage it would be ideal for you to consult Orthopedic surgeon , get X ray Hip joint and follow his instructions , this will be right decision at this stage .

So get appointment from Ortho dr please .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”