khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have a question about a lump on an MRI I had a few years

Customer Question

I have a question about a lump on an MRI I had a few years ago. It's on the very top of my head. I have a picture if that would be helpful.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

Any symptoms? Pain? Any other pictures? When did you notice it? Is it getting bigger? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I had this MRI my main symptom was sharp headaches that were extremely painful but lasted only about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I have the entire disk from the MRI and I will attach more pictures. If you want to see anything from another angle that I don't attach just let me know and I can send them. Since this MRI I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, mitral valve prolapse and regurgitation, and endometriosis. I had surgery for the endometriosis and I take armour thyroid and metoprolol. I don't take the metoprolol every day, just when I get chest pain. I also take adderall for ADHD that I was diagnosed with about a year ago. I have other symptoms that have not been diagnosed yet which include tingling in my arms and legs, my feet falling asleep constantly, and being very light headed upon standing up. When this happens I sometimes can't see at all for several seconds. I have problems with my memory which seems to be getting worse. I also have muscle weakness mainly in my arms and hands. My arms get so tired that I have to take breaks while washing my hair. I have pain in my hands as well. Also, the vision in my left eye is getting increasingly worse each year. I probably sound like a hypochondriac, and I don't know how much of this is relevant. I know some of these symptoms can probably be attributed to conditions I already have. I don't have any family medical history related to any of my conditions other than my hypothyroidism which my grandmother has as well. My dad had Bells Palsy at one point, but other than that the rest of my family is in generally good health.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Can you attach T1-weighted images with gadolinium (contrast) of 233.JPG (without gadalinium)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately I can't change any of the pictures to have contrast. The information says that the MRI was done without contrast. I have looked at the settings and can't find anything that allows me to change the contrast settings.

Did you have any iv infusion during the MRI?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I did not.

It is difficult to say what it is without gadolinium. If it is enhanced, it could be meningioma. You should have MRI wth gadolinium infusion.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are there any other possibilities that come to mind other than a possible meningioma? I will contact my doctor to try and get another MRI with gadolinium infusion to make sure. If it is in fact a meningioma, would that account for some of my unresolved symptoms?

There are many possibilities (lymphoma, plasmacytoma, metastatic carcinoma, melanocytic neoplasms, solitary fibrous tumor, gliosarcoma, inflammatory lesions such as sarcoidosis and granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and infections such as tuberculosis). Only the headaches are related to meningioma. Hypothyroidism causes weakness and memory problem. Multiple sclerosis could cause your symptoms. But you need enhanced MRI to detect it.