Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Dr Love Yesterdays diagnosis says You have bilateral c7

Customer Question

Dr Love
Yesterdays diagnosis says
You have bilateral c7 radiculopathies, worse on left with decreased sensation along the unar aspect of left arm and hyperreflexia with cossed adductor response.
You also have sponsylosis of you L/S spine with bilateral l5-s1 rdiculopathies causing pain on left foot and leg. He noted the atrophy in left hand and arm as well as leg.
Could the radiculoathies cause the atroophy in my left hand and arm and as well as leg.
Also he refered me to therapy. Can therapy help rebuild these limbs.
Do you think I should pursue further testin to determine why atrophying
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Yes, the radiculopathy can cause the atrophy in the hand, arm, and leg. Any neurologic condition that affects the strength of muscles can cause atrophy over time.There is no need to pursue further testing to evaluate the atrophy.

Yes, therapy can help. Therapy can help to treat the radiculpathy, and as the effect on the nerve decreases, the muscle strength should increase and the reverse the atrophy. Therapy also can guide you on specific strengthening exercises for the affected muscles.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The above diagnosis was to the therapist on hw to treat me.
The doctors diagnosis for the file says cervical spondylosis with myelopathy and radiculopathy, Can myelopathy be treated with therapy.
Also is it true that radiculopathys improve generally in six months if they are to heal conservatively.
Does this mean with itherapy only or through self help methods or both.
Is it six months from the date the pain starts or six months from the treatment date.
Also can radicular pain be constant/constinuous such as mine.

Yes, the myelopathy can be treated with therapy.

Yes, most cases improve in 6 months with conservative treatment.

Te studies have been done on people treated conservatively and date the 6 months from the day of diagnosis.

Yes, radicular pain can be constant.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can the pain be bilateral. In other words happening at the same time in both arms

We already discussed that it can affect both sides.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But can pain be on both sides at the same time. Ido notrecall asking this. Could you please answer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I woke this evenimg about half hour ago. The four extermities in mild pain. Level 3 I relected on when I first spoke with you. Its been only since August 28. It seems like a life time when its been only 3 weeks. I have communicated with you so much until it sees like more than three weeks.