Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

How to stop knee pain.

Customer Question

How to stop knee pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear of your knee pain. When you say you "drink a lot..." are you referring to water or alcohol? To stop the knee pain, first you need to know what is causing the pain. It is arthritic? gout? trauma?

Did you fall and injure your knee?

Do you take any prescribed medications?

Are you being treated for any medical problems?

The answers will help me to help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Drink alcohol.
Did not fall, I was working on my new fence and was on my knees quit a few times.
Taking Naproxen for pain / inflammation.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Continue to use ice for up to 72 hours, then if pain continues warm moist compresses 3-4 times daily. Continue Naproxen for 10-14 days. If you still experience pain or stiffness, a visit to your PCP is suggested. In the future, should you need to be on your knees, use padding over your knees to prevent direct contact with any hard surface. Knee pads are available from Lowes or Home Depot (or similar home improvement stores).

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

How are your knees today?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

J. Henri, I hope your knee pain is gone.