dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

Since yesterday, I have been experiencing left sided twinges

Customer Question

Since yesterday, I have been experiencing left sided twinges - that are pretty uncomfortable - on the left side of the mid back to back of my scalp, starting a third of the way up, and can shoot towards the top. It is not on the side of my head near the temple at all. I have had arthritis in my spine and elsewhere for decades. but I've never experienced this. And I have no headache whatsoever. As I write this, sitting still, it is doing it now...and can stop.... and then appear again as I move around. It does not wake me and I don't feel anything in my neck or shooting up from the skin at the bottom of my skull. It just twinges where it is...I do not feel it travel. Seems to be more present in the upper left quadrant of the back of my head. And it feels superficial.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Just started yesterday, really.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Lyme decades ago, arthritis in hands, knees, spine...just about everywhere. Blood pressure has always been fine...cholesterol is fine: Lipitor 10mg to address a genetic slightly high LDL. Please feel free to ask me whatever you need.
JA: The Neurologist's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Go on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know your age and gender please ?

Have you had same issue in past ever ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Female, 58 No...not that I recall
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there anything else you want to ask me?
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for info ...

As you have had Lyme decades ago , and recent left sided uncomfortable feelings that you had not before coule be the central nervous system manifestation of Lyme disease .

It would be ideal for you to have immediately MRI Brain to rule out involvement of CNS secondary to Lyme , as Lyme after decades of its initial onset involves brain and in such cases MRI is advised .

So please get MRI as early as possible .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Are you there ...