DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Neuro Doctor, I have an update regarding yesterdays issue.

Customer Question

Neuro Doctor, I have an update regarding yesterdays issue. Are you online?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Or any other neurologist or orthopedic spine specialist.
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please let me know what is your current problem ?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I assume you have read my previous conversation with "neuro doctor"?

yes I did

What is the update ?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Today, I am noticing the pain, although still in the back near the bottom of my shoulder blade, I am noticing more pain in the lower rib than before. Right where the slight loss of feeling is. I looked in the mirror and notice that it appears to be bulging. See the pic
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhnqkgat4cdwnnz/image1.JPG?dl=0
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this consistent with a herniated thoracic disc still? Or is it likely at this point to be something else? I will go see my GP on monday for an order to get an MRI, but should I instead be rushing to the ER? The pain isn't so bad that I would typically run to the ER. I just noticed this bulge today.

Thanks for sending the pic

This seems most likely a local muscle bulge. Neuropathic or disc pain usually does not lead to a localized bulge or swelling like this. I agree that you do see the GP first prior to visiting the neurologist .

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that bulge is not a muscle. its my rib

As I have mentioned the neuropathy or disc disease does not cause such bulge or swelling. You can get an evaluation first by the GP and if there is any evidence of neuropathy which can be picked on examination then an MRI will be required

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

The symptoms you mentioned in your last post with neurodoctor mentioning numbness and pain with radiation of pain from back to side and front do suggest a neuropathic pain. But this localized bulge usually is not something which occur with neuropathy. All in all you need an evaluation to find out the exact cause of your symptoms.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you believe that this bulge is not related with the issue I was speaking of yesterday?

Yes because a neuropathic or disc disease does not give rise to such localized swelling

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you keep telling me that I need an evaluation by a physician. I am aware of that, and already said I will be getting one. I suppose you can say that to absolutely every person who asks a medical related question on JA. I simply want an idea of what you believe is happening and if it's an emergency or if it can wait until Monday. Your belief that it is NOT related to yesterdays discussion is ridiculous. It absolutely IS related to yesterdays conversation. After all, the bulge is located where the frontal pain in yesterdays discussion was. At this point, I don't want your opinion. I will do you a favor and not rate your answer. Thanks

Sorry if you didn,t get a desired reply

No this does not look like an emergency issue and you can wait till Monday . If the pain is mild to moderate you can take anti inflamatorylike Ibuprofen.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards