Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I am a male years of age. 10 years back i had varicose vein

Customer Question

I am a male 69 years of age. 10 years back i had varicose vein surgery in my leg which caused nerve damage.for 2 years afterwards it left me with tingling sensation throughout my whole body causing anxiety problems. the only medication i was recommended was Epilepsy pills.these left me with severe side-affects.the pain went away for approx 7 years. Then 2 months back i was on a routine heart check at my hospital and was reqiured to use a Treadmill.The use of the treadmill stirred up the nerve that was damaged in my leg again. I have been in constant pain ever since with severe tingling all through my whole body.Would a TENZ machine be of any benefit? I do not want to pat you the $55 which is required until i get relief from my symptoms. And how am i guaranteed of a full refund if no results.
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: You say that they will TRY to fix the problem I want an automatic Refund
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: How am i quaranteed of a Refund
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: I should not have to pay $55 until my problem is diagnosed
JA: The Doctor's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: it seems that this is just a money-making service
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: In the last 2 months it has re-occured.There is a tingling sensation throughout my whole body which starts at my leg where the nerve was damaged
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with Type2 diabetes 2 years ago but this is very low and i self-manage this.I do not require any medication for my diabetes
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

Hi Mohan. A damaged nerve like this can be hypersensitive and irritable. It can continue to fire even when the stimulus that triggered the firing is gone. This is called a "hyperesthetic nerve" or neuritis. There are some treatment options we can go over.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
as I live in New Zealand a Live Phone Call would not be appropriate.Which country are you responding from?
My email address is***@******.*** I still need alot of further information on how you can help me, as i have paid $55.
Please reply
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where are you located? I live in New Zealand and a Live Phone Call would not be appropriate.
I have already paid $55 and still need alot more information.
My email address is***@******.***
Please reply
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

What information do you need, sir?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have already paid $55 and i require an answer to my question.
What can i do to treat nerve damage in my leg from Varicose Vein surgery. It is causing a tingling throughout my whole body
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You can add more here...I have given you all the information and for the $55 that have paid i expect to get a decent response
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

There are several things you can do to help with this type of nerve condition. First, you must keep your blood sugar levels under good control (ideally below 130 fasting) so there is less stress on the affected nerve or nerve. Second, if there is any swelling in your leg, you should wear compress stockings and elevate your leg whenever you can (above the level of the heart when possible.) In addition, you will likely need to use a combination of medications to settle the nerves down and keep them from firing spontaneously. For example, you can use capsaicin cream topically to calm the affected nerves . This agent can be very helpful in treating neuropathic pain if used properly. In addition, you should take a nerve stabilizing medication such as gabapentin or pregabalin that raises the firing threshold of the nerves making it harder for them to fire. This medication is widely used for neuropathic pain and may be highly effective when used for several weeks to months. If these agents prove unsuccesful at controlling your pain, you should see a pain management specialist. This is a doctor with special training in managing painful conditions (often an anethesiologist). He or she can inject the affected nerves, if necessary, with a medication that turns them off completely.