Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My wife has been through surgery (L4L5 ) and injections

Customer Question

My wife has been through surgery (L4L5 ) and injections trying to stop pain in her right foot . Her toes looks as if she has Hammer toe . They constantly rake the floor but big toe stays still . I actually have been monitoring her and I think stress is causing are making a lot worse . Neurologist thought the Issue was Nerves around L4 and L5 . We have had horomones , endocrinologist , home remeidies , blood test and several other things checked more than once but have not found cause . This is painful to her because of it never stopping . Her D levels were of concern and we hoped that her monitoring it would show improvement . She did have gall bladder removed several years ago . Does anyone have any ideas ior things to check . We have searched and searched for a answer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry your wife is in distress. Can you send photo of her foot, elevated and weight bearing? This will allow me to better help her.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Does your wife feel better? You didn't respond to my questions and request for pictures. Her problem could be "hammertoes" which can be corrected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Your wife has Hammer Toes (contracture of the tendons in the right foot that curls up the toes). The best type of doctor to correct this is a Podiatric surgeon. The procedure is to release the tension on the tendons which will relax the toes and let then extend normally.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One of the best pediatric surgeon said he knows that this looks like Hammer toes but he has been doing this for years and hammer toes is not what she had . He believes it's nerves .
That is why the doctor did surgery on her L4 and L5
Is he stays Thirsty all the time . She had bad some of the best neurologist and surgeon look at her . She has no gall bladder . Her toes just kinda do a raking motion . She had a injection in her foot and in the right side of leg . Doctors are baffled .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you are done could you please release my question