dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

Had MRI of brain to rule out seizures. It showed no evidence

Customer Question

Had MRI of brain to rule out seizures. It showed no evidence of seizures. But showed 'Mild prominence of the superolateral frontal subarachnoid spaces relative to the right side'. Also, mild mucosal thickening within the inferior aspect of the right maxillary sinus. What do both of these findings mean? Thank you.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: A few months ago I had a couple of episodes of incontinence while sleeping. My doctor wanted to rule out any seizure activity so therefore the MRI. About the breathing I do have problems maybe several times a month that I have difficulty breathing through my nose.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I get frequent headaches & have cervical stenosis. I have very frequent episodes of vertigo that I take prescription Meclazine but the vertigos are happening more frequently almost monthly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

As you have had difficulty in breathing through nose , and MRI changes suggestive of mucosal thickening of right Maxillary sinuses suggests possible Sinusitis , which is inflammation of spaces that are present around nose called Para-nasal sinuses .

Subarachnoid prominent spaces of mild degree on one side is of no concern , this has no Neurological significance .

As far as seizures are concerned , EMG is better tool than MRI to rule out this entity .

You can go for EMG.

Regards .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”