Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had corpritunnel for about ten yrs now and its gotten

Customer Question

I have had corpritunnel for about ten yrs now and its gotten so bad that tylenol, aleve or even 800 mg ibuprofen dont help at all. It will be approx. Six mnths before i can afford to take time off for surgery, can u prescribe something stronger to help till i can fix the problem?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

The best treatment is surgical decompression, it is a day care surgery and is done under local or regional anesthesia. You will not be required to take more than 2 days off. The stronger pain killers will not help you, since they are opiates and do not do anything for the inflammation and in this syndrome, the pain is due to inflammation.

The best course of action that will help with the pain is either a steroid shot in the tunnel done by your doctor or you can start night time splinting. Use a radial wrist splint available at pharmacies for this purpose. Apply Ibuprofen liquigel four times a day on the wrist and around it as well. Keep taking the tylenol (2 tablets every 6 to 8 hours) and Aleve 500 mg twice a day as adjuncts.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.