Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I'm trying to determine if the tingling I get in my fingers,

Customer Question

I'm trying to determine if the tingling I get in my fingers, hands, and forearms while sleeping is due to ulnar compression or related to my fibromyalgia. I don't appear to have any loss of strength in the hands. I also have tingling in my feet and legs, but less often. Very rarely I'll get foot spasms that are very painful.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling. Generally shifting the position of my arm makes the tingling go away temporarily. But it comes back, regardless of how a I place my arms. For the foot spasms, I just have to wait without moving the affected limb.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes. POTS, IBS and insomnia (associated with the fibromyalgia), and chronic lumbar pain. I've been seeing an osteopath for the latter for many years. She said my feet tingling while doing certain exercises is connected to my lumbar pain. Also I suffered a cardiac arrest while undergoing an elective surgery, and I believe the consensus amongst various anaesthetists is that this was due to a medication I should have stopped taking before the surgery. No heart damage sustained.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

just click send to reply