Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My girlfriend just went to see a neurologist today after

Customer Question

My girlfriend just went to see a neurologist today after suffering from severe dizziness, nausea and a headache last week. Everything started out of the blue. She went and saw her doctor and she did the stroke test on her. There was no sign of a stroke. The doctor encouraged her to go immediately to the ER as they would be able to do a CT and or an MRI. The radiologist at the ER said there were 2 dark grey spots in between her C disks and that he recommended she see a Neurologist. The ER marked her diagnosis as Vertigo. At her Neuro appointment this morning the diagnosis was much more severe. He said that she has an unruptured brainstem aneurysm. I am scared to death for her. I dealt with this with my father before he passed. I know that these things can ruputure at anytime and kill a person. Well her neurologist doesn't seem too concerned with it rupturing and has an MRA scheduled for next week. NOW my questions are, being they know what is going on shouldn't the MRA have been scheduled like TODAY? How much danger is she in walking around with this aneurysm? If they end up doing surgery (i hope they do) how much of a risk is she at of not returning to her usual self? How long night she be in the hospital after the surgery? And last, what does the surgery entail? I'm terrified for her!
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

does she have any other medical issues?