dansheibley
dansheibley, Doctor
Experience:  By my radiology training I'm qualified to interpret CT & MRI of Brain & Spine used in planning of neurologic/surgical care.
62460980

I've always had a hard time focusing in school. I was

Customer Question

I've always had a hard time focusing in school. I was diagnosed with ADHD early in life, and I'd like to know whether a brain scan would be worth my time. Maybe damage to my prefrontal cortex?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: For my ADHD, yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing in particular
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dansheibley replied 9 months ago.

Hello. As a radiologist I can tell you that an MRI or CT scan of your brain is used in no way whatsoever to diagnose ADHD. ADHD diagnosis is purely clinical, which means based on symptoms alone. Seeing a psychiatrist for proper workup and diagnosis of adult ADHD would be the best use of your time.

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my expertise. Please don't rate bad or poor service. If your aren't 100% satisfied, click reply instead. :)

Did I answer your question to satisfaction?

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my expertise. Please don't rate bad or poor service. If your aren't 100% satisfied, click reply instead.