Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

If someone had a car accident and had severe neck & back

Customer Question

If someone had a car accident and had severe neck & back pain due to herniated discs, then had physical therapy which helped them return to work but nine months later the pain starts to recur, is the pain still directly related to the car accident for disability insurance purposes?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you. Thank you for your very interesting question. The answer depends on several things.

1. Did you fully recover and were you discharged from care?

2. Was there any change in your medical condition after you completed treatment?

You may want to consult an attorney who specializes in personal injury for legal advice.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

Have you contacted an attorney?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

Are you going to contact an attorney?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have an attorney for the personal injury suit but he is not doing much for me at the moment, I wanted to know this for disability insurance, not personal injury claim reasons.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, I recovered enough to function, but with residual pain and weakness in arms and legs, which has worsened now. I don't know what you mean about any change in my medical condition, if you mean other health issues, no they are the same as before (I already had other health issues).
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

Your original injury should be covered by your disability carrier. You need to be re-evaluated by the doctor that was involved with your original diagnosis. She/He will complete the appropriate paperwork and get you back into the system. The only caveat is that you haven't been treated for another injury in the same area of your body.