Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

It's been months that I started to experience severe itching

Customer Question

It's been months that I started to experience severe itching ion my head but felt it was more inside like if there some aunts insects inside the skull. I do have severe migraine problems
But not even the medication was helping
. Yes I did have fever at least two days
I kept asking to check my hair skull. I'm not and outside person. Fobia. I try different shampoo it wouldn't stop
I started to get scabs on my skull it would bleed and puss. I couldn't understand what's going on. . I would take antibiotic. Nothing . But I also had on my left thigh a bump that it would feel like needles poking . Antibiotic. So it went away. I went like four times emergency . Everyone has had different diagnose. I know it get like bigger than a half a dollar bruised up same spot . UT when it infection goes down there is like a white round circle in it . Noone try to sent out for biopsy. Getting to my head emergency about a week ago I felt half of my skull like someone hit me with a baseball bat . It was worst then migraine I had fever. Behind my left ear there was a lympth nodes it felt like needles and left side of head . No neurologist came to see what was going on. Gave me antibiotic . I had lympth nodes under my chin. On my left side my neck was swollen and in pain
.migraine severe and I showed them my left side nothing was really done
. I showed them how red the brush got and puffy nothing done. I couldn't lift my hair underneath my lympth nodes were so sensitive and in knots
. I couldn't brush my hair it was really painful
I continue to have same symptoms I go see my paper doctor
I've to three different hospitals. Sent home with antibiotic. I can't really comb or brush my hair is painfull my skull . Itching losing hair lost. As I was and put conditioner. There goes my hair . Every where to scabs came out lost of hair. If I look down for just a little bit I feel weak lightheaded and nauseas . I've been feeling pretty week. I take my anxiety medication to calm down. It barely works. I took pictures of everything. And I really need diagnose and help. I really am afraid for my mom siblings are 18 brothers and sisters . 10 have had cancer in different areas of there body. Lympth nodes are still there. I can't sleep with the itch and feeling there's crawling in my head and anxiety trying to calm down
Tell me do I have to travel outside United States to get help. Please help me. I called an oncologist to see what can be done. Elizabeth Ramos.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having so many problems?

Which antibiotics have been prescribed?

Have you had any evaluation beyond physical examination?

Could you attach pictures of the problem areas?

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

By a large margin, the most common cause of enlarged lymph nodes are as a response to an infection. If there is evidence of infection, then it makes sense to first treat the infection and see if the lymph node improves.

From the perspective of the itching, it can be related to inflammation of the skin, including from an allergic reaction. It also can be due to excessive dryness of the skin, and anything that causes dryness. However, it also would be appropriate to perform blood tests to certain systemic conditions that can cause itching, including tests of liver and kidney function.