Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I've fallen, without warning in the past week. Just plopped

Customer Question

I've fallen, without warning in the past week. Just plopped on my butt in the kitchen. the last one caused me to sprain my ankle. A doctor in emergency room came up with the term drop syndrome. Now I'm afraid to trust myself. My first fall, i thought I had tripped...now I doubt it. Hit my face in the landscaping in front of my doctors office...black eye. The EM room doc put me in the hospital overnight, then released me without any conclusions. I went home and before I was there ten minutes, kerplop! I start to shake before i've stood a few minutes. Feel like I'm shaking inside. It seems like an adrenaline rush. What can I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have been falling.

you need to talk to your doctor about more testing.

you may benefit from physical therapy and exercise to help strengthen your legs to prevent falls

you may benefit from a wheeled walker in your home to give you more support so you don't wall

you may need to see a neurologist for a brain MRI scan and neurological evaluation to see why you may be falling.

you need to get your blood thyroid and cortisol levels checked.

you need your blood pressure and glucose levels checked when you fall to see if they are low.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The day of the last fall in my home, I immediately checked my BP and Blood Sugar. 153/77 pulse: 77. My blood sugar was 111.

I see.

so those are not the cause

are you willing to try some physical therapy and strengthen building exercises for your legs?

are you willing to use a walker to help you not fall?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
iI'd like s refund of my money... i'm getting nothing of any value for my $$$. Please refund my Pay Pal account now.

sure.