Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I am a 27 year old male, I am terrified from Google that I

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 27 year old male , I am terrified from Google that I have MS. I have had some strong pain around the shoulder blade. My fingers and toes were tingling one day , now I feel possible weakness in my pinky and index finger that comes and goes on my left hand when I squeeze something it feels weak and radiates to my back spine pain. I feel lethargic and I am a hypochondriac so I have read symptoms like crazy now I can't separate them. I am going crazy , should I worry about ms or did I over due some farm work. I pee two to three times a night to. I'm scared to death. My upper back is dull and feels tight and hurts.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

Since how long you have these symptoms? Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry, you were not able to reply to my info request so I am going to post an answer for your help. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, your symptoms are consistent with some nerve compression in your cervical spine. There is no other possibility. You are not the first one to get tensed after googling. A lot of people do so and get worried for nothing. MS never present like this. With this much short history, only nerve compression is possible. Your urinary frequency can be due to a simple infection. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can use OTC tablet Aleve twice daily for 5 to 7 days. Moreover drink lot of water and cranberry juice. Hopefully you will start feeling better. If symptoms persist, see your doctor and get your urine test and X ray of cervical spine. You may need muscle relaxants and physical therapy but I reassure you and give you my words that you don't have MS. So please don't stress yourself for something that you don't have. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards