Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I have COPD. I have shortness of breath continuously. Today

Customer Question

I have COPD. I have shortness of breath continuously. Today I have experienced shocks through my left system when I sit down from my knees up word on my left side.when I reach for a drink or a cigarette or food with my right and sitting down I get a shock through my left side a low voltage shock on my left side.I know I have pinched vertebrae I have video video scan of my vertebrae and I have compressed vertebrae butt comma I want to know why I'm getting shocks on my left side, when I've always had numbness on my right side.?I always have numbness from my wrist to my elbow to my shoulder on my right side due to what I believe is Carpal tunnel or a pinched nerve in my vertebrae but what is causing the shocking sensation on my left side?.I was diagnosed with spinal bifida when I was a baby and yes I have had back problems since then I am 53 years old 2 years ago I did have a scan of my spine at a chiropractor and it is that video is available.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. My name is***** I am reviewing your question and will get back to you with an answer ASAP!!

Can i ask are you having the shocking sensations in the whole left side of your body or just arm and the leg?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

I see the other expert has opted out.

compressed vertebral bodies in your neck can cause shock like pain through your left side.

what you need is a good MRI scan of your neck spine and you may benefit from consulting with a neurologist and neurosurgeon to see if there is a surgical fix to your compressed vertebral bodies in your neck.

a chiropractor most likely won't be able to fix this.

let me know if you have questions.