dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

My right side feels like a dead weight when I get out of

Customer Question

My right side feels like a dead weight when I get out of bed. It isn't numb, but my leg drags, I can't lift my arm and I don't have any grip in my hand. Once I get up and move around it starts to go away. What could be causing this?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: I have some swelling in my hand. When I move around the symptoms get better.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have high blood pressure.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

This seems to beRight sided Hemiparesis ( Weakness of right half of body ) and could be the alarming sign of near stroke.

It would be ideal for you to have Carotid Doppler and consultation with your dr to start risk factor modification like control of blood pressure , start Asprin , Statins .

This need immediate attention please.

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”