Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

I was speaking w you earlier re Lyrica and Neurontin...I was

Customer Question

I was speaking w you earlier re Lyrica and Neurontin...I was actually on 150 of Lyrica total meaning 75 twice a day. How do I get back there?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Hello sorry for the late reply but i was offline,

Anyway in regards ***** ***** previous conversation as i said previously you can increase the dose of lyrica to 50 mg twice a day while decreasing the dose of neurontin to 100 mg thrice a day (from 300 mg 3xday), then after one - two days on this regimen you can increase to 75 mg twice a day and neurontin would be stopped. But as i said previously, you can ask your doctor about a direct switch between neurontin and lyrica without any tapering schedule of neurontin. This can be done safely in patients as both neurontin and lyrica are sister drugs.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/