dansheibley, Doctor
Experience:  By my radiology training I'm qualified to interpret CT & MRI of Brain & Spine used in planning of neurologic/surgical care.

I have damaged lower legs9 bruised looking from a couple of

Customer Question

I have damaged lower legs9 bruised looking from a couple of bad hits). Now Ihave someswelling in the damaged area of both legs, H
ave never had this before and the docters do not seem overly concerned. But they did not call back to answer another question and are not working today.Can I fly to France Sun as scheduled?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dansheibley replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Are you on any blood thinners? And no a bruise would not keep you from flying on Sunday. I would however advise wearing your support hose and making sure to move about the airplane cabin regularly during the flight.

You are able to fly. If you are on blood thinners and concerned about your bruising you still need to stay on blood thinners unless your prescribing physician takes you off of them. If you are having pain and redness in your legs you should be seen in the ER or at your primary care doctor for an ultrasound of your legs to rule out a clot. However if this is bruising only then this wouldn't be a concern. If there is any redness and swelling flying would not be advisable until you get an ultrasound. If it is bruising only then flying would be fine. Just making sure to move about the cabin regularly and to wear your support hose.