Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.

Every night I get really bad charley horses in my feet and

Customer Question

Every night I get really bad charley horses in my feet and legs usually both at the same time also the bottoms of my feet always feel num
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome.

The symptoms you described can be due to few reasons and the common ones are diabetic neuropathy, neuropathy due to vitamin B-12 deficiency and problem with nerves either in the back where they exit or down in the legs. I would recommend you to get your HbA1c for diabetes and your vitamin B-12 levels and and nerve conduction study for lower limbs. A visit to neurologist would be helpful for exact diagnosis after physical examination.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.