Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I started having back problems in 2005 after a yoga class.

Customer Question

I started having back problems in 2005 after a yoga class. And again from 2009-2013. My doctor never ordered xrays and after an MRI in 2013 they found arthritis and spinal narrowing. In 2014 I was found to have multiple diagnoses. Scoliosis, spinal stenosis, arthritis, fibromyalgia, sciatica, and a benign tumor along with plantar fascitis on one foot. I just recently had another MRI done and results came back as a lumbar herniated disc
I have done 2 months of physical therapy and saw some improvement. Now my pain is becoming unbearable to the point that I am having trouble sleeping and running errands, cleaning. I decided to change my current orthopedic because I felt he was not thorough enough or answering my questions. After 3 years of no painkillers finally my new orthopedist was concerned about the size of the bulge in the disc and gave me a low dose of percocet. I use it as needed. My question is, is there anything I can do to alleviate the pain since lately nothing seems to work? My Rheumatologist has recommended swimming and pilates. But Im leery of pilates. Any suggestions on exercises? Can acupuncture work? I really am beginning to feel like my quality of life is worsening and I do not know what to do.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need orthopedic. Not neurologist to answer this question.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Has a CT guided epidural block been considered in your case?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No but I will ask him during my next visit. Thank you for the information.