Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

My baby girl is 2 years old and was born at 7 months. She

Customer Question

My baby girl is 2 years old and was born at 7 months. She had bleeding in the brain during her first 2 months after birth. Presently she does not sit on her own but if you place her in a sitting position she can stay seated. She says mama and baba nothing else. She can not stand on her on unless she's leaning against something because she stands on her toes. She does not crawl because she has tone muscles that works against her bending her knees and when she steps her legs crosses over the other making this a difficult task for her. She is doing therapy, has been for over a year, but I'm seeing little to no improvements. I could see that my baby is ready to be independent but she has her challenges. My question to you is would a leg brace assist her with keeping her legs apart when stepping and help her to stand flat footed?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your baby girl.

yes, she could possibly benefit from leg braces

if she has enough muscle strength and coordination to try to stand

it sounds like her legs are constantly in pointed toes extension

have you talked to her doctors about getting her leg braces to try?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

would you like a phone call?