Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I need help with an MRI with a black space on the frontal

Customer Question

I need help with an MRI with a black space on the frontal lobe and behind the eyes and very little wrinkles on the surface area.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

are you looking at the MRI scan yourself?

you could be seeing the sinus cavity between and behind the eyes on the MRI scan of the brain.

would you like to upload a clear jpg image of the MRI scan image you had a question about?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi can you please interpret the scan? It looks like it's a damaged brain because the crevices are very few and because of the tear in the middle and the black space from the frontal lobe to the center of the brain.

you are looking at a side sagital scout image through the brain.

all of that blackness is bone of your petrous bone and part of your sinuses as well.

it is not damaged brain.

did you get your doctors report of your MRI scan?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah I did but I'm not satisfied with it mainly because I have had some problems that seem like neurological problems and the crevices are small and the frontal lobe seems cut as well as that entire area behind the eyes. I have reviewed lobotomized brains as well as normal brains on the internet and I see that small cut in the front. I will request the side images and upload them for you if you want.

you can do that

I review a lot of MRI scans.

but I would bet you that when I review your brain MRI scan, it will be normal

no one entered your brain with a needle to lobotomize your brain.

so why do you think you see a small cut.

it sounds to me you are letting your anxiety get out of control here with worry about this MRI scan.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi its not anxiety doctor its to do with a lot of bad things that happened to me in a 3rd world country. I was at some bad places and I saw the effects but they took on a greater effect after and I wasnt able to get a good interpretation. I have seen normal scans and the wrinkles are many and pronounced unlike mine and there is no slash in the front area nor any black in the area umderneath nor any rip like what ia visible in the middle in the black area. There is a small white torn looking matter from the white in the middle where it intersects the black.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you though for your interpretation. I am hoping to call with more side views.

you are not understanding the MRI scan and not reading it correctly.