khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

I have a question about lobotomy and a normal brain scan. I

Customer Question

I have a question about lobotomy and a normal brain scan. I can include my brain scan for you to analyze and tell me more about it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

What is your question about lobotomy? can you elaborate here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The region in my frontal lobe is black on an MRI as well as an entire ridge behind my eyes and leading to the center of the brain. I would like to know if this is lobotomy as I think it likely looks so. I have included the image here. It also looks like I have brain damage because the creases or wrinkles are not pronounced.

Thanks for the additional information.

NO this is not an image of a lobotomized brain. What you see there are normal air spaces, these are sinuses which are appearing this manner due to the cut is taken at a certain angle. I can see part of your frontal lobe in the other image next to it and it seems fine. Secondly the creases or wrinkles as you say are perfectly normal as well. This is the resolution of the single image which is causing teh slight fuzziness, the other image is fine and i can see the sulci and gyri in a normal pattern.

I can assure you that this is a normal scan, if you have the whole film with you i can even review that. doctors NEVER judge a scan from a single cut. Many artifacts can appear in a single cut and they are always conpared to the whole scan but this image is normal.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Do you want to upload the whole MRI scan? i would be happy to review it for you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,I am not satisfied with the answer to tell you the truth. I was tortured in Serbia and it seems like that area is damaged as well as the creases. I was also drugged repeatedly so it makes sense. I have reviewed normal brain scans on the internet and all of the areas of others brains are normal in this black area.

Well i have offered to review the whole scan for you which would reveal more information. But this single cut would not yield the conclusion which you are looking for. It is teh way which the cut is taken and you cannot tell if you had a lobotomy or have brain damage from a single cut if all the other portions of the scan are normal. Also if a part of your frontal lobe was damaged you would have severe conginitive difficulties which would leave your mental functioning severely impaired.

but ill opt out of this question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I can upload the entire scan but for some reason I don't have a side scan with many pictures. You don't have to opt out but the crevices are very small in many pictures and similar to other pictures on the internet of a damaged brain.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.
Can you upload them? Thanks.