dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

I'm a bit concerned. I had a bit of a stiff neck and

Customer Question

I'm a bit concerned. I had a bit of a stiff neck and headache so I put my hand in a fist and applied a lot of pressure to the right side of the bottom of my scull where I found a lot of pain when I pushed on it. I held the fist pressure there for 10 or more seconds when all of a sudden I nearly lost consciousness. I lost hearing then began to black out. Before I fully passed out I released the pressure and came good. I have more of a headache now at the back of my head and begging my eyes with some pressure behind my eyes. I feel a bit spaced out and off balance and a bit nauseous. I'm just a bit scared I did some damage. When I researched what I could of done I read about artery dissection and epilepsy. I hope it's just the anxiety making me feel worse.
Could I have don't some damage?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Well this is not at all a Dissection or epilepsy this seems to be a case of syncope called vasovagal syncope that can happen in intense pain and presents with vertigo ,out of balance , and recovers soon .

This could be because of so many reasons and intense pain is one of that .

Artery dissection is very dangerous , and patient didnot recovers back in such case .

So relax , nothing damaged .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”