Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

Can multiple punctutae area of T2 flair HYPERINTENSITY

Customer Question

Can multiple punctutae area of T2 flair HYPERINTENSITY INVOLVING THE WHITE MATTER BOTH FRONTAL AND RIGHT LOBES PRESUMABLY vascular in nature in a 35 year old female be caused by an injury to the head, specifically, a ceiling falling down upon her head in her bathroom?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: Accident occurred on 1/16.16
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. Just this MRI which showed the above after my accident. Can it be accident related?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Do you have the image of the MRI with you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No

Ok then, i will answer the question with the information that you have already mentioned, just give me a couple of minutes to compose the answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can MRI results come from an accident?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not available to talk
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Well from what you are describing multiple punctate lesions which are present in the white matter as well as the parietal lobe presumably are less likely to be associated with trauma. Trauma would cause different changes in the brain which would be present as a more coherent and larger lesion rather than small punctate lesions. Small punctate lesions are more likely to be due to small vessel disease which may be due to a problem with blood clots or even deposition of cholesterol in the vessel or even vasculitis which is inflammation of the vessels. So in short trauma is the less likely cause here.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.