Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I'm trying to ascertain the cause of chronic dizziness.

Customer Question

I'm trying to ascertain the cause of chronic dizziness. Imaging has observed: 1. Vertebrobasilar dolichoectasia (abuting Optic Chiasm and indenting the 3rd ventricle) 2. Empty Sella 3. CSF in sheath of optic nerve
I lumbar puncture in 2011 (to look for MS markers) found an opening pressure of 200.
I also have low testosterone (hypogonadism).
I have pressure headaches behind eye more pronounced pain, at times, in back of neck. No migraine.
My current neurologist says my OP of 200 is not high.
Your thoughts.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Does anything make it better or worse? Does it radiate to somewhere else? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any other medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5'9" 205. No weight change. Pain 3-7. Heat and altitude make it worse. No. About 32 years ago and worse the last 8 years (no mass found).Crohn's Disease. 6 abdominal surgeries the past 4 years. I am on various medications for Crohn's Disease, Hypertension, Acid Reflux.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you going to reply?