Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans

Right arm feels funny, heavy, hard to use, nothing seems to

Customer Question

Right arm feels funny, heavy, hard to use
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: nothing seems to help, felt good before this happened
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: had 3 heart attack 20 years ago, congestive heart failure, diabetes, in control
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Heaviness and difficulty in using the right arm can be an indication of a developing stroke which an cause weakness and numbness in the arm as well as a decreased and weak hand grip. Considering the history of heart disease, congestive heart failure as well as diabetes that you have you are at an INCREASED risk for developing a stroke. Now it is possible that this is a mini stroke but this NEEDS to be evaluated ASAP, with the help of a MRI of the brain as well as with the help of a EKG, carotid doppler of the neck along with other tests.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you immediately proceed to the ER or the urgent care center and get this evaluated. DO NOT delay and go to the ER.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.