DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, MD with 30 years of experience
Experience:  MD with 30 years of experience in medicine,Diagnositics.
4713694

I am a 29-year-old female who suffered a seemingly minor

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 29-year-old female who suffered a seemingly minor neck injury (strain!) while leaning back getting my hair washed the beauty salon on Friday, 8/12. I had very bad stiffness and couldn't turn my head at all without pain for the next day or two. That has since gone away and motion is back to normal. I started to get a little bit of minor dizziness/vertigo over the past week, and, thanks to finding frightening stories of "Beauty Parlor Stroke" online, have been *extremely* worried about the vague possibility of Vestibular Artery Dissection. I have made myself totally sick worrying about this for a week. The incident occurred 10 days ago now. I have made an appointment with a neurologist for this Thursday but I am really just looking for someone to put my mind at ease... Thank you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DoctorAnil replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,I assure you that chances of vestibular artery dissection with such minor neck strain are very less in your case.

Minor dizziness/vertigo is common with neck strain and it resolves by their own.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and warm compresses with a heating pad on back of neck.

Also opt for physical therapy.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.