Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Can a neurologist help with blank mind syndrome, poor

Customer Question

Can a neurologist help with blank mind syndrome, poor memory, and depression plus anxiety?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not feel emotions front anything, my mind is blank all the time. It effects me in work,socializing and just plain living. Nothing matters to me, almost apathetic to life. My depression from it makes me glorify dying because I feel useless to everyone.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

So. You are saying that you feel no emotions at all? Can you think of a time when you were angry? Hurt? confused?

What does your family say about this?

Have you spoke to any doctors?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Also, have you been in trouble with the law at all?

Have you had a significant other?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
im not getting charged for this little discussion?

You will only be charged what you agreed to pay when you posted the question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Alright, well I should have been a little more specific about not feeling emotions. I meant like music, getting new things and what I own doesn't do anything for me like excite me, and i don't feel true humor from laughter. Its like a forced response. For the most part I feel empty, anxious or depressed. My family things im just really introverted and struggles to actually believe that I have a constant blank mind.I have seen a counselor and my doctor, the counselor said depression and my doctor thinks its a personality disorder. So she wants me to see a psychiatrist.I honestly think alot of my issues stem from having seizures as a baby, because my memory has always been somewhat bad. And the same with stuff like music, like said up above.I have been on probation twice in my life, and did have a girlfriend for two years but that's been over with for roughly 5 months

Thank you for that additional information.

I agree with your doctor:

It is time to go to the professional who deals with this sort of thing a lot. I suggest you consult with a psychiatrist.

It is a good sign that you were able to have a relationship for two years.....but it is a serious warning sign that you have already been in trouble with the law twice.

If you don't seek out help now, while you are young, your changes of doing well as an adult are slim from what you have posted.

Does this make sense to you?

Now, time to do your part and mash the positive feedback button for me....

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best. Have a good week.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah it makes sense, because I know if I moved out on my own it would be a struggle. As far as breaking the law, I slimmed down on it. Because once was just being young and out having fun. And I have stopped stealing small things. For a while now.But im still going to talk to my doctor about seeing a neurologist for another reason. On top of my memory.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It says to finish the conversation if I rate, so how can we still talk?

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better when it comes to things that will get you into legal difficulty.

Concerning rating....Actually, even after you rate I we both have access to this thread and can continue talking as needed.

I was just doing that with another person who rated me yesterday but had a few more questions.....

See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;)

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS