Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I am in a complicated situation as a result of a major

Customer Question

I am in a complicated situation as a result of a major accident three years ago when a surfboard slammed into my face. I pretty much fractured every bone and one issue I have had ongoing since the accident is leaking from my left ear and now it has progressed to a pressure leaking problem. I have been surviving on antibiotics. If I stop them, I will have to go straight to the ER. I am trying to stay out of the ER. I really would like to find someone to work with and am having a hard time finding someone who wants to get involved with a unique situation. I do not have hearing loss.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have a CSF fluid leak from your ear

you need to see an ENT doctor and a neurologist

there are special neuclear medicine CSF studies which can tell if the fluid coming out of your ear is due to CSF fluid

you may benefit from a myringotomy tube in your ear drum to help the fluid drain out.

do you have insurance to be able to see an ENT doctor and neurologist or neurosurgeon?