Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

In the past 37 days I have experienced the following

Customer Question

In the past 37 days I have experienced the following symptoms:Mild Headaches
Twitching of facial or other muscles
Bell’s Palsy
Stiff or painful neck
swelling around eyes
Oversensitivity to light
Flashing lights, peripheral waves in eyes
Decreased hearing in one ear
oversensitivity to sounds
Ringing in one ear
Bone pain, joint pain
Stiffness of joints, back, neck
Muscle pain or cramps
Night sweats
Tremors in legs
Burning sensations in legs
difficulty walking, including shaking legs when going down stairs
irritability
Over-emotional reactions
Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Panic attacks, anxiety
difficulty thinking
Difficulty finding commonly used words
Symptoms seem to change, come and go
Pain migrates (moves) to different body parts
Early on, experienced a “flu-like” illnessTreatments have been:
Flu test - negative (32 days ago)
Lyme Titer - negative (35 days ago)
XRay of Lungs - Clear
MRI of Brain/Sinus area - Clear
CT Scan of Brain - Clear
2 Eye Exams - No structural issues
3 Ear Exams - No structural issues
CBC - Normal for an infection when taken
BP - Was initially elevated but is now within normal rangeOnly prescriptions were from PCP, which was 5 day Zpak and ENT and it was a 21 day course of Prednisone starting at 70mg and Valtrex for 7 days (4g per day). The prednisone has given me acne and the course ended 3 days ago.The symptoms above started as a flu-like illness which no one in my family ever contracted (5 in family in 1000SF home). And has progressed up and down from the symptoms above.I think it must be Lymes with 35% of total possible symptoms, and other specialist have suggested, but PCP isn't sold.I have been to ENT's, Eye Doctors, ERs, PCPs and consulted with a NeuroOncologist friend and no one can find anything wrong with me after my "mysterious illness 37 days ago"No one thinks it is cancerWhat is going on?Should I push for a new lyme titer or do I have enough symptoms to warrant the antibiotic treatment. I do not want this stuff getting worse and not sure too many other tests are left to run? I live in a heavily infested Tick Area. No bulls-eye was ever present.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. david

many of your symptoms are non specific and don't point to one diagnosis.

your lyme titers have been negative.

lyme usually causes fevers and rash

you could have excessive anxiety symptoms which can magnify other symptoms and also cause benign fasciculation twitching in your body and over sensitivity, increase emotional reactions, brain fog, muscle tension, stiff neck, headaches,

bell's palsy can be caused by viral infection which can cause body aches and pains. sweats and fatigue.

you can push for a new lyme titer, I bet it will again be negative

you can get a course of doxycycline, but it doesn't sound like you have a lyme disease at this point

have you ever taken anything for anxiety symptoms before?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fever, I did have that with the flu-like illnessI do suffer from anxiety, but never had any medicine.And I am potentially suffering from manifestation of my anxiety? My legs hurt so bad and I have trouble walking distances and stairs are very challenging going down, up is not so bad?

you could have fibromyalgia causing your leg pains.

you should get blood test for creatinine kinase to check for myositis inflammation of your muscles.

some of your symptoms could be manifestations of your anxiety

viral infections and flu like symptoms often can cause muscle aches and pains

there are blood test to check for flu infections or influenza

and other viral infections like mononucleosis

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I only had 1 lyme titer too... want to see about a 2nd.I never had any leg issues prior to 37 days ago. Can I develop fibromyalgia that quickly?I would still be having these pains and aches (even though I did not have them initially) 26 days later? The leg pains started about 11 days ago.I had a nasal swab for the flu, is that not sufficient?Would mono be continuing to produce new symptoms weekly, etc...? Including the eye issues?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had mono 20 years ago and thought if you get it again, it is less potent than the prior go around, not worse?!

fibromyalgia is less likely to get it that quickly.

nasal swab for flu is good enough.

I bet your anxiety symptoms are magnifying small symptoms from your eyes.

usually mono the second time is not as bad.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
other than a viral illness I have infected no one else in my family, work or elsewhere and anxiety possibly making some things worse, is there anything else it could likely be?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Other than the above blood work for creatinine kinase, are there other scans, tests, blood work I need to get?I was fine (other than some anxiety due to a few personal and work things) 38 days ago then it went to the toilet!

I think that is a good summary.

I am not worried about other conditions.

I would talk to your doctor about options to treat and decrease anxiety symptoms

regular exercise can help decrease anxiety symptoms and could help improve muscle strengthen and could help improve aches and pains

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com