dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

Just dx'd with fibro and TN that causes ocular migraines

Customer Question

just dx'd with fibro and TN that causes ocular migraines that I lose some of my vision, just looking for help
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: no nausea, I can feel the pain daily but then it comes on strong about once a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: a lot of nerve pain throughout body, down my legs
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 2 months ago.

Please tell me do you have vision loss in one eye or in both ?

Your age and gender please .

Regards .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
45 female. Vision loss just in right eye. Nerve pain throughout body.
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for info ...

First thing that I want to share with you is , uniltaeral eye pain is highly unlikely because of systemic disease like Fibro , this seems to be one sided eye issue , it could be Optic Neuritis of right sided eye . This right sided visual loss with Headache is because of nerve involvement of respective side .

As far as generalized body ache is concerned in this is the feature of Fibromylagia .

Duloxetine (Cymbalta) and milnacipran (Savella) may help ease the pain and fatigue associated with fibromylagia. Your doctor may prescribe amitriptyline or fluoxetine (Prozac) to help promote sleep. Anti-seizure drugs. Medications designed to treat epilepsy are often useful in reducing certain types of pain.

I will suggest you to have such pills , and management for relief , this will help you out for not only improvement in bodyaches but also in migraine .

Please get this treatment .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The dr put me on Topamax?
Expert:  dr abid replied 2 months ago.

Topamax is also anti seizure medication as I mentioned anti seizure is used for this purpose , so this is also good choice , you should continue it .