Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I have the following diagnoses per MRI regarding my left

Customer Question

I have the following diagnoses per MRI regarding my left shoulder: Diffuse Posterior Labral Tear w/associated chondral fissuring of posterior glenoid, Frozen Shoulder, and Joint Effusion. I am seeing an orthopedic surgeon on Monday, Aug 22nd. I injured my shoulder in Jan of this year. I didn't see my PCM until July 22nd due to responsibilities at work and an uncompassionate leader. What do you think the surgeon will advise? I am in severe pain....taking Tramadol during work and Vicodin in the evening/night. The shoulder has been swollen from the start. The pain is worse at night. Thank you. Wanda
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No recent injuries, injured in January. Yes, swelling from the start. Xray of shoulder was negative.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My body doesn't respond well to steroid injections. I've had 2 ruptured tendons after receiving injections. I choose not to have anymore. NSAIDS are ineffective, tried for 6 months. Ice and rest - the same - ineffective.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. The Orthopedist will most likely suggest a 2-3 month period of physical therapy, 2-3 times weekly. If you have little or no response, the next step is surgery. Since you have tried steroid injections without benefit, another injection most likely will not provide relief. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. I hope you get relief soon.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any questions that I did not address?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Have you discussed treatment with your Orthopedic Surgeon?